Deceased Estate Administration
Deceased Estate Administration is the process of winding up the affairs of a deceased person or persons. The process ensures that the conditions set out in the will are carried out accurately and efficiently.
This can be a difficult task for family or friends who are usually in an emotional and stressed state, or even in state of shock. Under these circumstances, the last thing you need is unfamiliar administration duties, dealing with institutions and having to discuss sensitive issues with complete strangers. In addition, as each deceased estate is unique, the administration thereof can be complex and time consuming. Our professional and experienced staff will ensure the matter is dealt with appropriately.
Our deceased estate administration services include the following tasks, in keeping with legal requirements:
- Acceptance of the appointment of the executor or executor’s agent;
- The completion of all documents and forms and submission of this documentation to the Master of the High Court;
- Establishing and validating all beneficiaries, debtors and creditors;
- Communication with all relevant debtors and creditors of the estate;
- Advertising in the Government Gazette and local newspaper;
- Drafting of the Liquidation and Distribution Account.